Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Adventures in Poop

Oh man oh man, the topic for today is poop.

Right from day one, what has come out of my little guy has surprised me.

The first couple days of their life, "black tar" fills up that diaper and if you do not have enough Vaseline applied on that little bum, it like trying to get gum out of hair.

After a couple of weeks it turns into a mixture of green yellow mash, then after about a month, the colour has found itself to be a awful shade of yellow that would not have been used in late 50's early 60's rugs, appliances and wallpaper.

The first month or so, they have no rhyme or reason to their constitutional. Often I would just closing up that diaper and he has it full again. I think the record so far was three diaper changes in a row!

Lately though the loads can not be contained within contents of the diaper. Often they make the journey up the back through the clothes and onto the sheets.

Once in mid diaper change, he though it was a great time to play catch with Daddy, and let me tell ya if this is a sign of how well his aim is he will be a great little slugger, as he threw that fast ball straight into my mitt before I even had a chance to realize what had happened (Yuck).

Its a poopey mess a lot of the time, but they seem to understand this as they laugh, giggle and be extra cute for you in times when you wonder what was this all for.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Super Dad,
    Gag me with a spoon! I do remember those days vividly. I must say you describe the poop experience with such colorful imagery I actually found myself in a sensorial moment in time that I would have preferred to forget. As you say though, it comes with the territory, and with love and a strong constitution, necessary, non negotiable parental qualifications, you wipe it up, and you keep on wiping until about the age of 25 and perhaps then some.
    Love from Laura and Grand-Pa Pete

    ReplyDelete