Friday, July 16, 2010

Okay time to get a little geeky



It's time you learnt a little about the techy geek, comic book lovin, suspender wearing persona.

I am currently a University Student at the U of M in Computer Science.

I was late in starting my post-secondary education, at the ripe old age of 27, which in a campus full of 18-20 something kids, you feel like the old man in the room. I ain't going to lie, it was and still is tough to challenge my brain, but education comes with some great rewards and the journey so far has been great.

I could not do this without the support from my Wife, Daughter, and words of encouragement from my parents, in-laws, Unlce's and Aunties, and friends.

For those of you that know me I have a slight obsession for anything spider-man. My dream for my children is to pass down my vast knowledge of the comic super hero realm so that one day they will appreciate it like I do.

To keep as connected as I can with tech stuff, I usually read Googles Sci/Tech Section.

I just started to follow the blog GeekDad and have been really enjoying it.

For most of my software needs I trust cnet's download.com. I like the fact that you can change the license option and browse only freeware or opensource stuff. Plus the site offers reviews on products with yays or nays.

So that is a little insight into my inner geek.

If you have any techy questions, suggestions, or need computer (hardware or software) guidance leave me a comment below. I am not an expert of anything, but I like to help with the knowledge I do know.

Look forward to hearing from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment